Top Ten Actions to Decrease COVID-19 Mental Strain
We are hearing a lot about hand washing and social distancing to keep us well during this health crisis. However, there hasn’t been a lot of information on how to handle the mental strain of COVID-19. Here is my "Top Ten" list to help you if you are feeling the mental strain that may accompany this crisis.
1. Watch the news with an intention of being informed. Once you have heard the latest information turn the news off. Set a future time you will tune back into the news for information.
2. Listen to music that you love.
3. Take a walk or sit outdoors to get fresh air.
4. Meditate, or sit with a focus on watching your breath. Set a timer for as long as you are comfortable.
5. Start a hobby, or work on your hobby.
6. Call a loved one and talk to them. Share your worries, but also your joy and gratitude.
7. Cook a healthy meal and eat it without turning on the TV or looking at your electronic devices. Savor every bite.
8. Declutter your closet, office etc... that you been putting off doing.
9. Play. Play with your kids. Play with your pet. Play a board game. Do a puzzle. Dance in the living room. Do something that is playful.
10. Give yourself a break. It is normal to feel stress in a scary time, such as this. Cry if you need to. Talk to someone about your fear. And most of all be kind to yourself.
As always if you need someone to talk to, I am here. Feel free to send me a chat, text or call me.